Dealership Fraud Lawyers in Orange County
Serving Consumers Throughout California
At O’Connor Law Group, P.C., our dealership fraud attorneys protect the rights of Orange County consumers who lost money due to the fraudulent practices of a manufacturer or dealer. With experience representing both consumers and dealers, we are uniquely qualified to hold companies accountable for their greed.
If you were defrauded by a dealership, we offer high-quality counsel and representation. Contact our Orange County dealership fraud lawyers at (949) 390-9695 today.
Understanding California Dealership Laws
Many laws protect consumers from auto dealership fraud. Below, you will find short summaries of the protections provided by various laws and organizations.
- Federal Odometer Act: prohibits tampering with a vehicle’s odometer.
- Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act: outlines regulations for warranties and prohibits breach of said warranties. A supplier, warrantor, or contractor who fails to honor a written warranty, implied warranty, or service contract can be held liable in a court of law.
- Lemon Laws: require dealers or manufacturers to refund or replace “lemons,” or vehicles that have substantial warranty issues. Learn more about California lemon law here.
- Truth in Lending Act (TILA): requires lenders to disclose interest rates and other relevant information before a loan takes effect. TILA is supposed to help you shop for the best auto financing rate, and a lender’s failure to provide this disclosure in a timely or accurate manner may present you with a legal claim.
- The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and the Federal Trade Commission: protect you from Unfair, Deceptive, or Abusive Acts or Practices (UDAAPs). Dealers, repair shops, or lenders cannot misrepresent information or commit false advertising, such as failing to disclose the fact that the car had been previously wrecked.