Can a leased vehicle be a lemon?
One common question many consumers have is whether a leased vehicle qualifies for the California Lemon Law.
Under the California legislature, vehicles that are both bought and leased qualify for the lemon law.
A leased vehicle must meet the same requirements as a new vehicle to qualify under the lemon law.
- The leased vehicle has a warranty
- The leased vehicle has a defect or defects covered by the warranty
- The defect or defects substantially impairs the use, value, OR safety
- The vehicle was delivered for repair of the defect or defects
- The defect or defects were not able to be repaired